As in most things with sales, the problem isn’t for lack of wanting or trying, but in execution. I’m sure your team would want to earn those extra incentives as well as try everything possible to avoid having their job security “threatened”.
For everybody to get what they want (you having a team hitting their numbers and them getting those bonuses) we need to solve the real problem.
In the case of add-on sales (up-selling), the success or failure rate lies within the questions being asked by the salesperson.
Here’s an example of what I mean:
What’s the number one answer you give when a rental car person asks the following question:
I’ll bet its one of these:
- “No Thanks”
- “My Car Insurance Already Covers That”
Now what would happen if the add-on sales questions went like this instead:
Car Rental Salesperson: “Mr. Prospect, may I ask how much your deductible is on your car insurance?”
Car Rental Salesperson: “Wow. That’s a lot. Did you know that 1 out of every _____ rental cars are in minor accidents and the average damage is $______?”
Prospect: “No, I didn’t”
Car Rental Salesperson: Mr. Prospect, which would you be more upset about:
- If you had the extra coverage from us and were not in a fender bender; or
- You were in a fender bender and had to pay the $500 deductible out of your own pocket?
Prospect: “If I had to pay the $500 deductible out of my own pocket!”
Car Rental Person: “Is it ok then to go ahead and add the coverage to your rental?”
Prospect: “Sure, go ahead”
Now, would EVERY prospect add-on the extra car insurance? No. But which sales process do you think would yield more add-on sales?
If you aren’t getting the answers you want, it might be as simple as asking the same sales questions, but in a different way.
CSS: Chief Sales Scientist
SalesBuzz.com – Because Salespeople Don’t Want to Be Trained, They Want to Be BETTER!
888-264-0562 ext. 1
Need a Better Step-by-step Sales Process to Follow?
Join Our Next 8-Week B2B Phone Skills Improvement Program!
- How to Eliminate “No, Thanks”, “Not Interested” & “We’re All Set” Responses from Cold and Warm Calls
- Neutralize Gatekeepers & Get Voicemails Returned
- Ask Engaging Questions Instead of Probing
- Improve your Sales Questioning & Qualifying Skills
- Give Stellar Presentations & Handle Objections
- Close Follow-up Calls and Get Targeted Referrals
- How to Set & Achieve Your Toughest Sales Goals
- Improve Your Time Management Skills