How to Ask Sales Questions, The Right Way
“I’m saying and asking the same thing as other sales reps here in the office, but I’m not having the same success as they are. How is that possible?”
When creating a dialogue with a prospect and asking questions, if your tone is off, the sales call can go south, really fast. What you say and how you say it are both equally important.
If your prospect feels your intent is anything but concern or to help them solve a problem, YOU. ARE. DONE.
How to Ask With the Right Tone
Here’s what I’ve found to be extremely helpful to make sure I have the right tone:
Just pretend that the person on the other end of the phone was referred to you by your best friend and it’s their aunt or uncle.
This will help you get your tone where it needs to be: In “help” mode. Not “sell” mode.
And when you are asking the right sales questions, at the right time, in the right way, for the right reasons, your prospects will open up, you’ll find solutions together, and you’ll earn their business.
Michael Pedone teaches inside sales teams how to pick up the phone and close business. He is the CEO/FOUNDER of SalesBuzz.com – An online sales training company.
INSIDE SALES WORKSHOPS
How to successfully sell by phone – Live Online Sessions from Michael Pedone
SPACE LIMITED TO FIRST 50 REGISTRATIONS
Register your team now to Michael Pedone’s next live online 8-Week B2B Inside Sales Program and get your sales team all on the same page using a proven sales script customized to your industry.
Register Now for Our Next 8-Week Phone Skills Improvement Program!
- Eliminate “No, Thanks,” “Not Interested” & “We’re All Set” Responses
- Learn a step-by-step process for Cold Calling and Warm Calling
- Neutralize Gatekeepers & Get Voicemails Returned
- Ask Engaging Questions Instead of Probing
- Improve your Qualifying Skills
- Learn more effective Sales Questions to ask (and ones to avoid)
- Give Stellar Presentations & Handle Objections
- Close Follow-up Calls and Get Targeted Referrals
- How to Set & Achieve Your Toughest Sales Goals
- Improve Your Time Management Skills
- Duration: 1 hour per week for eight weeks
- Where: Online @ your desk, conference room or home
- Presenters: Michael Pedone