Sales Presentation Help: The REJECTION EMAIL – B2B Inside Sales
“How do you deal with getting a rejection email (Such as: Thank you for presenting the benefits of your program. After careful consideration we do not feel that this is the right time for us to be pursuing your offerings) after giving a presentation a few days earlier?”
When this happens there are usually several steps that are missed within the sales process prior to giving your presentation. They could be any (or multiple) of the following:
1) Failed to get problem recognition.
The majority of salespeople, even experienced ones, follow something similar to: Make contact w/prospect, ask if they are the person responsible for XYZ, followed by a probing question or two and then do a data dump of what it is that they offer. This is not a winning sales formula in an economy with a tight belt.
2) Failed to get commitment to wanting the problem solved.
Hard to get commitment that they want a problem solved if you don’t get them to agree that there’s a problem to begin with. You’re not asking the right sales questions!
3) Offered a solution before understanding their purchasing process.
Asking “are you the person in charge of XYZ” fails to fully qualify the prospect in their role as a decision maker. Also, knowing their purchasing process before doing a presentation allows you the opportunity to know what happens next if they like your solution.
4) Presented without knowing what type of solution they would prefer.
You’d be amazed at how much business you’d close once you learn how to get the prospect to share their thoughts / ideas with you on how they would like to see the problem solved.
QUESTIONS ARE THE ANSWER!
When someone asks me “what’s the best way to deal with scenario X” my answer is usually going to be “stop doing what you are doing that causes that scenario!” And it almost always comes down to knowing – or not knowing:
- Which sales questions to ask;
- When to ask them;
- Why to ask them;
- Who to ask them to and
- How to respond to the answers given.
Better sales questions will almost always generate a higher win rate.
But you’re going to have to be willing to learn from your mistakes and make adjustments if you want to accelerate your growth.
– Michael Pedone
Michael Pedone is the CEO/FOUNDER of SalesBuzz.com. An online sales training company that shows inside sales teams how to: avoid being rejected by gatekeepers, leave voicemail messages that get callbacks and overcome tough pricing objections. Get pricing here to have Michael teach your sales team his techniques!
THE “SHARPEN YOUR INSIDE SALES SKILLS” WORKSHOP PROGRAM
Register Now for Our Next 8-Week Phone Skills Improvement Program!
- Eliminate “No, Thanks”, “Not Interested” & “We’re All Set” Responses
- Learn a step-by-step process for Cold Calling and Warm Calling
- Neutralize Gatekeepers & Get Voicemails Returned
- Ask Engaging Questions Instead of Probing
- Improve your Qualifying Skills
- Learn more effective Sales Questions to ask (and ones to avoid)
- Give Stellar Presentations & Handle Objections
- Close Follow-up Calls and Get Targeted Referrals
- How to Set & Achieve Your Toughest Sales Goals
- Improve Your Time Management Skills
Duration: 1 hour per week for 8 weeks
Where: Online @ your desk, conference room or home
Presenters: Michael Pedone
GET FULL COURSE OUTLINE HERE