How to Sell Over the Phone Step #1
How to Successfully Sell Over the Phone Step #1
Know your target audience. Most sales reps make the mistake of trying to sell to everyone. This will lead to burnout. You want to analyze your best clients and see what they all have in common. Start by looking at location, industry, annual revenue, and employee size.
This will give you a baseline of what companies to target.
Next, list all the Titles of the decision-makers involved in getting each deal done from your best clients.
Now, you will know what type of companies to prospect and what titles to contact.
This will also help you create your opening value statement script for contacting them.
“Hi (Prospect Name), this is (Your Name) w/(Your Company) – reason for my call is we help (INDUSTRY) (TITLE) (PAIN POINT).”
“Hi (Prospect Name), this is Michael Pedone w/SalesBuzz.com – reason for my call is we help SaaS CROs avoid missing quota by showing their sales team how to overcome call reluctance.”
– Michael Pedone
Michael Pedone is the founder of SalesBuzz.com: How to Sell By Phone Online Sales Training Course that Reduces Turnover, Increases Pipeline, and Shortens Sales Cycles.
ELIMINATE CALL RELUCTANCE
- How to Warm Up and Close Cold Leads
- Eliminate “No, Thanks,” “Not Interested,” & “We’re All Set” Responses
- Neutralize Gatekeepers & Get Voicemails Returned
- Ask Engaging Questions Instead of Probing
- Improve your Qualifying Skills
- Give Stellar Presentations & Handle Objections
- Close Follow-up Calls and Get Targeted Referrals
- How to Set & Achieve Your Toughest Sales Goals
- Improve Your Time Management Skills