Turn Your Sales Script Into a Conversation
“I don’t like using sales scripts because they don’t encourage genuine organic conversations with prospects. Do you agree?”
I disagree with this statement, and here’s why…
Top sales scripts that work follow a formula that creates a conversation between the two parties.
It follows a successful process that allows for dialogue while covering (or uncovering) key steps needed to determine if an opportunity exists, if you are speaking with the right person and if the prospect can afford your solution to their problem, all while having a “conversation.”
Bad sales scripts, on the other hand, fail because they try and hypnotize the prospect into a yes pattern or get forced agreements from the prospect.
OBJECTIVE-BASED SALES SCRIPTS
When you realize that sales can be broken down into small, winnable objectives or agreements, sales scripts quickly become your ally, not your enemy.
Knowing exactly what to say BEFORE ever picking up the phone, no matter if you get a gatekeeper, prospect’s voicemail, or the decision maker on your sales call will catapult your sales numbers far and above any Captain Wing-Its out there that continuously fly by the seat of their pants, sales call after sales call.
Understanding what your objectives are for each phase of the sales cycle, and using the proper script to execute them, allows for measured success while allowing the salesperson to “be themselves” while having room to ad-lib where necessary.
Michael Pedone teaches inside sales teams how to pick up the phone and close business. He is the CEO/FOUNDER of SalesBuzz.com – An online sales training company.
INSIDE SALES WORKSHOPS
How to successfully sell by phone – Online Sessions from Michael Pedone
Register Now for Our Next 8-Week Phone Skills Improvement Program!
- Eliminate “No, Thanks,” “Not Interested,” & “We’re All Set” Responses
- Learn a step-by-step process for Cold Calling and Warm Calling
- Neutralize Gatekeepers & Get Voicemails Returned
- Ask Engaging Questions Instead of Probing
- Improve your Qualifying Skills
- Learn more effective Sales Questions to ask (and ones to avoid)
- Give Stellar Presentations & Handle Objections
- Close Follow-up Calls and Get Targeted Referrals
- How to Set & Achieve Your Toughest Sales Goals
- Improve Your Time Management Skills
Duration: 1 hour per week for eight weeks
Where: Online @ your desk, conference room, or home
Presenters: Michael Pedone