"How Can I Become Successful?"
Growing up I used to believe there were the “haves” and the “have not’s”. I was born in the latter category.
Most “have not’s” I knew tended to blame their plight on circumstances out of their control. “That person was born into money…”, “She only got that job because of her looks…”, “He cheated his way to the top…”etc.
Ironically, early on in my sales career, I would hear other reps who were NOT in the top 20% make similar statements. “He gets all the good leads…”; “She’s a brownnoser…” etc.
These are DANGEROUS statements and unfortunately, they are very easy to accept as truths. And if you take hold of them as reality, you’re holding your own anchor straight to the bottom of the sea.
But it doesn't have to be that way because we all have two choices… accept things the way they are or refuse to make excuses and only accept solutions.
Why Success Is Possible for All
A very critical factor to ones success comes down to this: Habits.
Successful people tend to do certain activities repeatedly.
Unsuccessful people also tend to do certain activities repeatedly.
The difference is in the choice of habits one decides to do over and over again.
Successful sales people tend to:
Unsuccessful sales people tend to:
- Always seek to learn new skills
- Get to work early and Role-play
- Listen to motivational audio books on the way to work
- Seek ways to maximize their time at work in order to get more done
- Show up on time (if you’re on-time, you’re late)
- Blame other factors / people for their poor results
- Make excuses and believe them
Successful Sales Habits Are Within Our Control
One definition of “habit” is:
“an acquired pattern of behavior that often occurs”
Many unsuccessful salespeople don’t know what habits they should or shouldn’t be acquiring. In essence, they don’t know what they don’t know. And that’s OK if you’re in that situation now but desire to be more successful.
Once you have “awareness” that your current situation (assuming you are unhappy with it) doesn’t have to continue to be your reality, you can seek out others and ask “what your habits” should be in order to reach the level of success you are after.
We control the habits we follow. If the current habits you follow aren’t generating the results you want, change them. If you don’t know what those habits should be changed to, seek out those who have already achieved what it is that you are after and ask them how they did it. Most of them will be happy to tell you.
Change your habits, change your results.
CSS: Chief Sales Scientist
SalesBuzz.com (A 2011 Sales Training Company
Watch List Award Winner!)
888-264-0562 ext. 1
Is Your Inside Sales Team Making Quota? If Not...
Register Now for Our Next 8-Week Phone Skills Improvement Program - Live Online
- Eliminate "No, Thanks", "Not Interested" & "We're All Set" Responses from Cold and Warm Calls
- Neutralize Gatekeepers & Get Voicemails Returned
- Ask Engaging Questions Instead of Probing
- Improve your Qualifying Skills
- Give Stellar Presentations & Handle Objections
- Close Follow-up Calls and Get Targeted Referrals
- How to Set & Achieve Your Toughest Sales Goals
- Improve Your Time Management Skills
Online @ your desk, conference room or home
Every Thursday, from February 7, 2013 to March 28, 2013
11:00 am, EST (New York, GMT-05:00)
1 hour per week for 8 weeks
Early Registration Promo:
BOGO! 2nd Seat is Free!
January 31st 2013